Our motto is to love, care & share

Our History

know more about us

St Philomena’s Hospital was established in Bangalore in 1937 by a small group of JMJ sisters headed by Dr Sr Mary Veronica Pitt, an Australian qualified gynecologist who joined the congregation of JMJ Society. The Society of Jesus Mary and Joseph was founded in Holland in 1822. The Bangalore center was started in a very poor locality of the city as a health center which grew up to the present state of the art hospital. It is located in the central district of Bangalore, in close proximity to MG Road, Garuda Mall and other landmarks. Through the super-speciality St Philomena’s Hospital, the 24 hours Health Care facility and the School of Nursing, the sisters are doing a yeoman service in Bangalore.

Dr Sr Pitt passed away in 1975 with the satisfaction of having accomplished her mission in India as a medical missionary. In 2012, the JMJ Sisters in Bangalore celebrated 75 years of selfless service. The hospital has been expanding and updating all the departments with modern technology and trained manpower.

The Mission

To bear witness to Christ’s compassionate love with a sensitive heart and to render selfless, efficient and comprehensive nursing care to the poorest.