Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
At St. Philomena’s Hospital, the Department of Anesthesiology and Pre-operative Medicine staff members are a diverse, highly integrated and collaborative group of adult and pediatric anesthesiologists committed to providing the best possible care. While many members of the department conduct impactful basic and clinical work, many others teach learner-forward postgraduate and continuing education courses.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Pre-operative Medicine has expert and latest anesthetic techniques in anesthesia and pain management for patients in various surgical specialties, obstetrics, pediatrics, critical care and across the spectrum of care.
- Administration of anesthesia in all subspecialties
- Critical care
- Coordination of comprehensive pain management services
- Injections and nerve blocks
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography
- Nursing and case management
- Obstetric analgesia and anesthesia
- Preoperative medical evaluations
- Perioperative pain management
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Spinal-infusion systemsre