Department of Surgery
As one of the leading hospitals in Bengaluru, St. Philomena’s Hospital offers a wide range of surgical services, ranging from general to laparoscopic surgery. Our team of highly skilled and experienced surgeons are able to handle even the most complex cases, providing our patients with the best possible care and outcomes.
Some of the most common general surgical procedures offered at St. Philomena’s Hospital include cholecystectomy, appendicectomy, hernia repair, fundoplication, and other procedures related to gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgery. We also offer specialised anorectal surgeries such as surgery for piles, fissures, fistula, and haemorrhoidectomy, all of which are performed using advanced stapling techniques. Additionally, our team is also experienced in performing breast and thyroid surgeries to treat various conditions and disorders.
Our surgeons are also skilled in laparoscopic surgery, also called minimally invasive surgery (MIS), or keyhole surgery. It is a modern surgical technique in which operations are performed far from their location by inserting a narrow tube with a camera and light through a small incision.
The benefits of this type of surgery include shorter hospital stay, less pain and scarring, and quicker recovery.
Whether you require a simple outpatient / day care procedure or more complex surgery, our skilled surgeons and cutting-edge facilities at St. Philomena’s Hospital ensure that you will receive the best possible care and treatment.
- Wide range of surgical procedures
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries
- Surgical procedures include laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendicectomy, hernia repair, fundoplication, and more
- Comprehensive surgical procedures for gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and pancreatic diseases
- Anorectal surgeries for conditions such as piles, fistula, fissures and haemorrhoidectomy
- Convenient outpatient services
- 24/7 emergency services for trauma and other emergencies
- Day care surgeries