The Department of Pulmonology at St. Philomena’s Hospital provides diagnosis and treatment services for diseases and conditions of the chest. These include pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
We also offer pulmonary function tests including spirometry, bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), endobronchial and transbronchial biopsy, and epithelial brushing. In addition, we provide polysomnography – sleep studies – for patients who need them.
Whether you are experiencing difficulty breathing or have been diagnosed with a lung condition, the Department of Pulmonology at St. Philomena’s Hospital is here to provide the quality care and treatment you need.
- Consultations in Pulmonology
- Specialised pulmonary function tests including spirometry
- Expertise in managing patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation
- Bronchoscopy with BAL, endobronchial and transbronchial biopsy and epithelial brushing
- Polysomnography – sleep studies